Assist the President of the International Falls Area Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), and the Director of the International Falls, Rainy Lake & Ranier Convention & Visitor’s Bureau (CVB). Act as a key contact for visitors, customers and perform necessary office duties to ensure the smooth operation of the Chamber and CVB. Work closely with the Chamber and CVB Board of Directors and committees as well as assist both organizations with special projects. The duties and responsibilities of position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Shared Chamber and CVB Office Duties:
- In person, on the phone, on social networks and via e-mail, greet customers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Be knowledgeable of area attractions, recreation and events.
- Respond to vacation, relocation and student requests accurately and promptly.
- Keep reception area organized and neat. This includes front counter, extra workstation desk, and personal desk and workspace.
- Responsible for being the primary person to answer the phones.
- Update and maintain office procedures manual.
- Process mail/e-mail daily.
- Monitor office supply inventory and replenish as needed. For supplies out of the ordinary, the President should be consulted.
- Maintain outside bulletin board. Information should not be faded or unprofessional looking, and information should not be outdated.
- Maintain office brochure racks to ensure all Chamber members and lodging tax contributors are represented and information is current.
- Maintain back storeroom in a clean an organized manner for easy access to brochures and supplies.
- Maintain outdoor digital sign. Coordinate monthly billing with the President.
- Perform necessary errands as needed or delegated by President or Director.
- Attend, take minutes, and prepare for all committee meetings as advised by the President and Director.
- Maintain an accurate database of businesses that have advertised, donated or sponsored an event.
- Create, update and maintain various hard copy and/or electronic files.
- Use discretion for appropriateness when posting on the website or any social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) for the Chamber and CVB. Consult with President or Director with any questions first.
- Responsible for general office organization and cleanliness; bringing out recycle and waste containers weekly for pick-up.
- Assist with opening and closing of the office.
Chamber Related Office Duties:
- Keep ChamberMaster current and accurate. Communicate with members to keep updated information and assist them with their own account access.
- Make sure all membership packets are up to date and an ample amount is available on hand.
- Know what the benefits of being a Chamber member are and how to calculate and sell a membership investment.
- Process membership certificates for members joining or renewing their investment into the Chamber.
- Compile and update prospect members list in ChamberMaster.
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment of new members.
- Keep the airport rack filled. (1x/week Sept-April and 2x/week May –Aug)
- Keep calendar of events up to date on Chamber website. Chamber meetings, events, and community events should all be listed.
- Responsible for assisting with obtaining sponsorships for all fundraisers, and assist in the planning of projects.
- Responsible for assisting with the recruiting and organizing of volunteers.
- Responsible for assisting with the details leading up to the event.
- Responsible for working at the event with the President and other Chamber leaders/volunteers.
- Responsible for assisting with the “wrap up” and reporting after the events.
- Coordinate with Ambassadors on member events.
- Attend occasional Minnesota Chamber of Commerce meetings and educational events out of town.
- Schedule required meetings, send notices, make reminder calls, prepare agendas, transcribe minutes of Chamber Board and Committee meetings.
CVB Related Office Duties:
- Responsible for timely daily processing of all requests for information (leads) with the Director.
- Email leads daily to all lodging tax collectors. Edit and send Explore Minnesota Tourism (EMT) leads.
- Deliver CVB area maps, vacation planners, snowmobile maps and other promotional items within the area.
- Track and ship requested vacation planners/maps to travel information centers, Chambers and CVBs outside of the area.
- Assist selling advertising and sponsorships on the map and vacation planner. Coordinate information and photos for vacation planner re-prints and updates.
- Assist with updating and producing the group tour planner and small market meeting pieces.
- Assist in preparing, mailing or following up on promotion requests from the lodging tax collectors.
- Represent the CVB when the Director is out of the office.
- Attend occasional EMT, MN Arrowhead Association (MAA) or MN Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus meetings and educational events out of town.
- Must at all times conduct herself/himself in a manner that portrays a positive image of the Chamber and CVB. It is desired there be a positive interaction with all local government agencies, along with other area non-profit groups and our members. This position is often viewed as a community leader.
- Highly motivated, friendly and energetic person.
- Be respectful to everyone, offer immediate response to member needs, and offer exceptional customer care.
- Enthusiastic and organized.
- Positive, team-oriented individual.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines, organize and prioritize assignments.
- High school graduate with collage degree or experience preferred.
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, social media applications, database programs. Knowledge of photo and graphics editing a plus.
- Experience with website maintenance a plus.
- Strong familiarity with Koochiching County and the International Falls and Rainy Lake area.
- Excellent driving record and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as required periodically. Some travel required.
- Committed to maintaining the highest sensitivity to professional ethics and cultural diversities, treating all people equally and respectfully.
- Must be able to sit for extended duration of shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
There may be other duties assigned by the Chamber President and CVB Director from time to time that are not recorded in this job description. This job description does not list all job duties and is not a contract for employment.
The International Falls Area Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Tricia Heibel via email at email@example.com or mail to 301 Second Avenue, International Falls, MN 56649 by no later than Wednesday, May 22, 2019. Selected, qualified candidates will be invited to interview.