Backus Community Center
- Art Classes
- Banquet Facilities
- Event Catering
- Event Space
- Events & Parties
- Meeting Spaces
- Office Space
- Wedding Facilities
- Youth & Children's Programs
Since 2002, Citizens for Backus/AB, a non-profit 501-C3 corporation, has owned both historic buildings. The Backus building is currently operating as a vibrant community center and is used by residents of all ages. The Backus stage plays host to talent shows, concerts, musicals, 4-H shows, plays, special events and community gatherings.
The building provides a home for an art studio, 4-H programming, youth sports, dance studios, art classes, summer youth drama and theater programs, music lessons, orchestra, teen dances, weddings, receptions, showers, training, workshops, dinners and monthly soup suppers! The auditorium and meeting rooms are available for rent and office space is also available.
Whom to Contact
- Alyssa CrawfordOffice Assistant900 Fifth StreetInternational Falls, MN 56649Phone: (218) 285-7225Fax: (218) 285-7118
- Lois LundinExecutive Director900 Fifth StreetInternational Falls, MN 56649Phone: (218) 285-7225Fax: (218) 285-7118
- Hoa SobczynskiBusiness Manager900 5th StreetInternational Falls, MN 56649Phone: (218) 285-7225Fax: (218) 285-7118
- Darcy SullivanKCC-TV Program Manager900 Fifth Street Room 209International Falls, MN 56649Cell Phone: (218) 434-3465Fax: (218) 285-7118
Neighboring west, the St. Thomas Aquainas Catholic Church. We share parking lot space with Forestland, which is to our east. 1 block west of the police station & court. 1 block east is a gas station.