Meet the Team
Structure and Administration
The International Falls Area Chamber of Commerce was incorporated July 20, 1953 and currently promotes about 200 members. It is governed by nine member-elected board directors of which four are executive officers. The Board sets and follows governing policies and the Chamber By-Laws. The fiscal year, administrated by a president who carries out daily duties and goals set forth by the Board of Directors, is May 1 to April 30. Each board member serves a three-year term with an opportunity to serve one additional three-year term.
The Chamber is engaged with the community in multiple ways including the hosting of political candidate forums and legislative updates, luncheons on timely topics, networking social events and through special committees that offer opportunities for Chamber members to serve and propose action on business and community matters.
Board of Directors
Chamber Committees on which members may serve:
- Economic Development - Meets to discuss and plan events regarding economic development in our area
- Public Policy - Addresses legislative items impacting business in our area on a local, state and federal level
- Ambassadors - Serves businesses for events and occasions
- Retail - Meets to plan retail community wide events
- Icebox Days - Plans and implements the annual Icebox Days festival
- Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Run - Plans and implements the annual Icebox Days event Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Run
The Falls Chamber is partnered with the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Our strong involvement in the Grow MN! business retention program helps to define what community bearing each local business has, the specific issues that impact it and the assistance it may need.
Visitors who come into the office looking for information will find friendly, informed and willing-to-help staff that offers member brochures and business cards along with priority referrals to the membership.
The Chamber hosts a variety of events such as the Annual Awards Gala which also honors our Citizen of the Year. The Icebox Days winter festival and Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Runs, and Diva Days and Crazy Daze sales events which aim to bolster the bottom line for area retailers. Find more information about the Falls Chamber under “About Us.”
Supporting your business is our business!