One of the most important aspects of your business is your return on investment. Joining the International Falls Area Chamber of Commerce contributes to your visibility within the community. Likewise, joining the Chamber promotes networking and referral opportunities not found otherwise. In addition to business membership, individuals join the Chamber for similar reasons; the interaction among members, combined with various sources (vacationers, students, community leaders, legislators, etc.) creates a unique marketing initiative beneficial to both business and individual.
Although businesses will witness the tangible assets associated with a return on investment (e.g. revenue, referrals, clientele, sales, etc.), more general benefits provided by the Chamber also benefit members. Readily available brochures and business cards, and advertising opportunities at the Chamber direct visitors to members. Likewise, in conjunction with Explore Minnesota, guests receive information about members and what they have to offer. This is especially important as tourism is one of the area’s most promising economic drivers.
The Chamber is also partnered with the Minnesota Chamber to be a part of the Grow Minnesota! Initiative. This business retention program helps us understand the impact each business within our community has, what issues they may have or what assistance they may need.
The Chamber hosts a variety of events such as the Chamber’s Annual Banquet & Awards Ceremony which also honors the Citizen of the Year, the Icebox Days winter festival, the Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Run 5K & 10K races, Diva Days, Crazy Daze, and several networking opportunities such as Business After Hours, Behind the Scenes, and Lunch & Learn gatherings.
If you would like to belong to the Chamber or would like more information, please contact us and we will be happy to meet with you. Supporting your business and growing your business, is all a part of our business.
Membership benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Priority referrals continuously over the telephone, website (your business will have a complimentary link on the Chamber’s website), and to visitors who come into the office looking for information
- Proud partner in the voice of the business community
- Website presence, representation, and personal links
- Personal brochures and business card display for visitors to the Chamber
- Posting events and notices on Chamber Website
- Representation and input at local, state, and federal levels
- Networking with other businesses, agencies, and legislators
- Receive business notifications and assistance
- Professional staff and office representing your business
- Announcements in the Chamber's bi-monthly e-newsletter
- The opportunity to accept Chamber Dollar Checks. Chamber Dollars keep spending locally, with hundreds of Chamber member businesses accepting them.
- Privileged access to membership lists and labels
- Privileged visibility at the International Falls International Airport ($50 annual fee displays your materials)
- Outdoor Electronic Sign Usage
- Grow Minnesota! Program participation
- Exclusive Business After Hours events
- Event support for your business
- Grand Opening assistance
- Ribbon Cutting assistance
- Ground Breaking assistance
- Event promotion
- Membership window cling at your business
- Use of Chamber newsletter, advertising, and news
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Announcement broadcasts for you and your staff
- Informational Chamber Lunch & Learns
- Involvement on active Chamber committees
Chamber Member Committees in Which You Could Be Involved:
- Economic Development
- Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard Run
- Public Policy
- Icebox Days Winter Festival
- Board of Directors